Tuesday, July 14, 2009

TRAVEL BLUES AND BASTILLE DAY!


It is a quickie I write tonight, the trains were fucking awful, what should have taken 4-5 hrs took 10 due to srikes, track repairs, whatever!! Boring, and very restless, but finally made it to the outskirts of Cannes, France,about a half an hour walk each way to the beach. Afraid to take the train to Barcelona, as that is about a ten hr. trip.

Made it on time for the Bastille day fireworks, awesome, touching and beautifully Choreogrphed, could not take pictures, as too many tall people standing in my way, and not enough energy to work my way in, but I describe it as sea life, urchins, star fish, people frolicking in the skies, heavens, moons,stars, and much more, it was truly brillant, an oray of colored lights which danced over the ocean waters, with thousands of people present. The music was a feeling of past things we will always remember from our lives, so moving, and fitting with the fireworks.

On the way out there were 3 Native Americans from Ecuador playing flutes, and instruments, which were handmade, eery,yet familiar. That is the only photo I took of 2 of them, their clothing was so colorful, and vibrant. Tomorrow is another day, think I will walk to the beach after a much needed sleep,figure out my trip to Barcrlona,read a book and view the relaxing sights.

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the pool/canal boy! And his cousin, Luigi, in the purple shirt is kinda cute, too. Do they have their shots?
    Been de-wormed!
    I am enjoying your enjoyment! Murano sounds wonderful. What beauty you've seen. I can't wait to see you and hear about the adventures!
    Ciao,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you sound great! Eventhough the trains are a drag oh well at least you are on vacation right? Tomorrow we are having Pete's Birthday party 50, he can't believe he is going to be 50. Kinda freaking him out...oh well he will regroup after is it over as we all did. Have fun in France. Stay safe and miss you too. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my little crumpet, you are having a great trip! I would love to see the old and famous sites. The people sound really fun, especially the tourists. I imagine you have made so many contacts there. Have you swam in any lakes or at the sea shore?
    Love to you,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete